Most of us have been brushing our teeth for years, but you may find it surprising that there are a right way and a wrong way to clean the teeth. Dr. Amit Pandya, DDS wants all patients to practice preventive oral hygiene. This includes brushing at least twice a day for two minutes and flossing at least twice a day. Next time you brush your teeth, try this technique.
- Place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle against the gums.
- Move the brush back and forth gently in short (tooth-wide) strokes.
- Brush the outer tooth surfaces, the inner tooth surfaces, and the chewing surfaces of the teeth.
- Use the tip of the brush to clean the inside surfaces of the front teeth, using a gentle up-and-down stroke.
- Brush your tongue to remove bacteria
If you have questions or concerns about preventive dental care, please give us a call. To set up an appointment with Dr. Amit Pandya, DDS in New Hyde Park, NY, call us at (516) 233-2135 or visit our website, www.goinggrin.com.